Relationship Manager â€“ Major Gifts (VIC)
Employment Type:Â Full Time, Permanent
$90,898 per year + 11% Super + Loading.
Location:Â Melbourne (or within region)
We need someone who is simply great at building relationships across a donor base of major contributors, businesses and organisations and will be hands on in maintaining and nurturing existing relationships, increasing partnership opportunities, and generating new leads across Victoria.
Mercy Ships is providing hope and healing to some of the world’s poorest communities. Each year, we see a fleet of volunteers work together to provide life changing surgery free of charge to critical areas of need. We’re seeing significant results, tackling the global lack of access to safe surgery that affects 5 billion people. Through our state-of-the-art hospital ships and collaboration with local healthcare workers, we deliver life-changing surgical and medical care and training, impacting lives and building a sustainable healthcare future.
About the Role
The Major Donor Team are committed to cultivating close and meaningful relationships with our major gift partners, as we work together, bringing genuine hope and healing to so many beautiful people and nations.
TheÂ Relationship Manager (VIC)Â will implement exceptional management, cultivation, and strategies to build enduring relationships and secure transformational gifts.
This role is about effectively communicating Mercy Ships vision, projects, and outcomes by telling our story and sharing the incredible testimonies. This is outworked via face-to-face meetings, events and appointments resulting in raising significant donations or bequests from individuals, family foundations, and corporations within an assigned geographical region (VIC).
The RM will demonstrate an active Biblical faith that aligns with Mercy Shipâ€™s core values and Statement of Faith.Â This role is based in Melbourne and is offered as a permanent full-time position with a hybrid work arrangement.
- You understand the incredible impact Mercy Ships has in the countries we serve, and you communicate those values and vision with passion.
- You are the link between those who have the means to provide support and the work, projects and programs Mercy Ships provide.
- You can cultivate key relationships, assisting donors in understanding and directing major gifts of impact that create significant change for families and communities.
- You are an influencer, building relational trust through quality information and excellent two-way communication.
- Experience in establishing long-term partnerships and networks.
- You are confident in communicating with a broad donor base including individual donors, partnerships with organisational leadership (Board, CEO and Executive), and high net worth donors.
- You can drive organisational growth and increase our impact by expanding major donor funding and effectively increasing Mercy Ships influence and profile as an integral Charity of choice.
- You will engage in monthly managers team meeting for the sharing of information, updates, strategy and prayer.
- A demonstrated capacity to build the influence and impact of an organisation by developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders.
- Experience in major fundraising, with demonstrated success in engaging with corporates, major donors and businesses.
- Ability to generate significant gifts from high-net-worth individuals or corporates.
- Experience with international missions and/or medical background is highly desirable.
- A demonstrated experience in working with both paid staff and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of fundraising methods and understanding planned giving tools and strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A flexible and adaptable work style, with the ability to manage competing priorities and respond quickly to opportunities.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software.
- An understanding of the philanthropic landscape in Australia and globally.
- Current Drivers Licence
How to Apply
- To apply for this role please forward current resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role to the Director of Major Gifts atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct applications only.Â
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you.